YFBCA's YOUTH FOOTBALL COACHES EXAM PREP- OUTLINE
1. Developing a Coaching Philosophy- Before we can even think of taking the field, we have to figure out what our approach will be to teaching this game and what methods of motivation and discipline we will use. This is a 50-minute video with outline.
2. Anger Management in Youth Sports- Learn how to handle anger from parents, league officials, our players and even our own anger as it's related to coaching youth football. This is a 35-minute video with outline.
3. Concussion Central- From the NFL down to the youth game, identifying, caring and preventing concussions is a major issue for coaches. YFBCA's Concussion Central page has updated information for you to review.
4. Equipment Fitting and Care- A coach must have a full understanding of how to fit, repair and care for the field and all of a player's personal equipment. Read over the information on YFBCA's Equipment Room page.
5. General Rules & Knowledge of the Game- Whether or not a coach has played the game at any level, they must have an understanding of the rules and regulations of the game. Specific rules may vary from league to league but football is football. Read over the Football 101 page and Know the Rules page.
6. Proper Tackling- Understanding and teaching the proper tackling techniques is a major factor for a safe and winning team. Review the information on YFBCA's Tackling Tips page.
7. Head Coach's Office- YFBCA's Head Coach's Office has a ton of great organizational resources with video on hydration and injury prevention for the team. Read over and watch videos.
8. Feel free to look over the Drill Library and Playbook pages on YFBCA, but only a few general football position techniques will be asked on the exam.
Purchase and begin the exam process below!
If your league is covering cost, they have a private link for your exam!